Homemade qeema naan with mouth watering mince stuffing is very easy yet delicious. Try out this recipe and enjoy hot with your entire family.
Prep Time: 1 hour and 45 minutes
Cook Time: 2-5 minutes
- Ingredients for Mince
- Mince 2 pounds
- Onions 2 medium
- Tomato 2 medium
- Boiled potato 2 large (optional)
- Fresh garlic paste 1 tbs (heaped)
- Fresh ginger i tbs thinly sliced
- Red chili powder 1 tbs
- Crushed pepper 1 tsp
- Salt 1 tbsp or to taste
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- Crushed coriander 1tbs
- Garam masala 1/2 tsp
- Dry fenugreek (sokhi meethi) 1 teaspoon
- Cilantro (hara dhaniya) half bunch
- Mint leaves 10 to 12
- Oil 2 to 3 tbsp (not more than that..we need dry mince)
- For Naan Ingredients:
- All purpose flour 4 cups
- Dry active Yeast 2 tsp full
- Baking Powder 2 tsp flat
- Sugar 2 tsp
- Salt 2 tsp
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Milk 2 tbsp (Luke warm)
- Hand hot water as needed for kneading
- For Mince: First heat oil and add chopped garlic fry it until golden brown than add mince and fry it until its water dried and mince look like very very light golden.
- Then add thinly sliced tomato,thinly sliced onion, ginger and all spices except fenugreek, add 1/4 cup of water and cook it on medium heat until the water dries out completely.
- At the end put cilantro and fenugreek and mix it well.
- Turn off the stove and let the mince cool down completely before stuffing in naan.
- For Flour: Mix all dry ingredients together then add oil and mix it well after that add milk mix it and then knead it with hot water.
- Cover the dough with kitchen towel at warm place. Let the dough rise for about 1 and half hour.
- Make balls bigger than regular roti because we have to put mince in it and cover it again and let it sit for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Method for Stuffing and Baking: Flatten the ball using your hands (or rolling pin), roll it out slightly about 5 inches.
- And then place about 2 heaped tbsp of the mince stuffing in the center and pull the edges up, seal and shape into a ball again.
- Dust with a little flour and roll out like a roti..
- Brush the top with melted butter and some cilantro or mince leaves.put impression with the help of fork.
- pre-heat your oven for 20 minutes maximum temperature.
- Remove the hot baking tray from the oven, grease it well with butter and place the naan on to it (i used pizza stone you can use tawa as well)
- Put naan into the oven on the top rack for 1-2 minutes till the top of naan goes golden brown (keep an eye after 1 minute).take out the naan from oven brush more butter..
- Wrap the naans in a clean tea towel and serve hot.with podina chutni or lassi and enjoy.